- Sporting - Golf, Fishing, Waterpoint, Walking, Paddle & Pedal, Horse Riding, Bowling, Archery
- Leisure - Sea weed baths, Enniscrone Beech, Belleek Woods, Kids Tumble Jungle, Cinema, Ballina Park
- Historical - Ceide Fields, Museum of Country Life, Foxford Woollen Mills, Hennigans Heritage Farm, Mayo Heritage / Genealogy Centre, Monasteries of Mayo.
- Religious - Knock Shrine, Fr Peyton Centre, Croagh Patrick, Ballintubber Abbey
Slainte Ireland Tours in Mayo NorthAre you interested in exploring all the history that this spectacular area has to offer? Well, James Henry provides a great service as a professional failte Ireland approved tour guide.
Contact Jim on 096 73311/ 0872144483
Walking Holidays in Mayo
Paddle & Pedal Atlantic Adventures
Choose a guided or self guided tour and experience the beauty of Belleek Forest, the historical Monasteries of the Moy or the rugged Atlantic Coastline..
There are high quality bikes for all ages. Full day and long term hire, drop off /collection and the world class scenery! For full details visit www.paddleandpedal.ie
An ideal way to pass an afternoon, avail of riding lessons for the beginner and the more advanced. Try hacking through the
Mayo countryside. There are 3 Equesterian Centres close to Ballina:
- Barnfield Equestrian Centre - +353 (0) 94 92 58175
- Coolcronin Equitation Centre - +353 (0) 94 92 58110
- Lisbeg Farm Stables - +353 (0) 96 26646
For additional information visit the Association of Irish Riding Establishments
A short 20 minute drive there is a 10 pin in door bowling alley that has 15 lanes. Each lane has an A.M.F fully computerised graphic scoring system and automatic kiddy bumpers.
For full details visit Mayo Leisure Point
Take to the water with the latest craze - surfing. There are great surfing locations in the region including Enniscrone and Easkey. Lessons and equipment are available in Enniscrone from Seventh Wave Surf School or 087 - 9716389 / 087 - 2333789 The Downhill Inn is an ideal Mayo Hotel for surfing breaks - some cheap rooms available too!!
Just 10km away in Enniscrone sea-side village is Waterpoint, an indoor water park. The wet area contains a kids fun pool, a 65 meter flume slide and heat suite with Sauna and Jacuzzi – it is a must for the family. For a schedule of training course and facilities see www.waterpoint.ie
If the little ones are bursting with energy bring them to Ireland's largest indoor play centre. A huge array of bouncy castles, climbing frames and obstacle courses. The adults can chill-out in the café while the kids are busy playing. For opening times and prices click here.